2D Gravity Simulator

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
StarPirate

2D Gravity Simulator

Post by StarPirate » December 22nd, 2014, 12:20 am

I've been working on this project for a couple weeks now and it's finally done so I wanted to share it with you guys.

How to use it:
There are 2 states: the Editor and the Simulation itself; While in the Editor mode you can create new particles using "c". You can give the particle a size, a location and initial Velocity. By pressing Enter the simulation begins. You can use Space to return to the Editor. Press Ctrl to select a particle, which will always remain in the center of the screen until you select another particle. You can also select particles with the left and right arrows. To delete a particle you don't like use Backspace(while having the cursor on the particle) or use Del to delete all of them.

That pretty much sums it up.

Now, I also have a problem. On my computer the program and all of its functions work properly. On the other hand, a friend on his computer can't use the Ctrl select feature but he can create particles using "c". Also i heave a secret message function which you can activate by typing "2910" and a bunch of text should appear on your screen. This doesn't work on his computer either.
I will send the program to another friend and see if the problem occurs only on the first guy's computer. I will update this post as soon as i do that.
Attachments
Gravity Simulator.rar
(116.81 KiB) Downloaded 159 times

albinopapa

Re: 2D Gravity Simulator

Post by albinopapa » December 22nd, 2014, 6:40 am

Was able to center a particle using ctrl and when I typed in 2910, the word "text" appeared 3 times on the screen.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com

StarPirate

Re: 2D Gravity Simulator

Post by StarPirate » December 22nd, 2014, 8:57 am

What are the requirements for someone to be able to run this program other than Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable ?