Possibly a Framework problem?

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
TonkoD

Possibly a Framework problem?

Post by TonkoD » June 6th, 2013, 11:28 am

Hello everyone, I seem to have a problem at lesson 21 for begginers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV5bUpku9I0=3900s As you can see in this video Chili can render 300 dudes in around 16ms. But for me that same program works a lot slower. For 16ms I can only render about 15 dudes and when I added background it doesn't even show the time as the program becomes extremely slow and laggy even when I render 1 dude. I was wondering if you can help me understand why. Everything in the program seems to be working fine but realy slow.
My PC specs are Pentium Dual Core @ 3,4Ghz, 4GB RAM, ATI HD5750 1GB and i run everything on Windows 7 Pro x64. I can run Skyrim and Far Cry 3 on high-vey high details and I was surpriced that my PC struggles with this kind of program. Should I continue with the tutorials or should I wait to solve the problem?
Attachments
Chili Framework_lesson22.rar
(342.7 KiB) Downloaded 164 times

viruskiller

Re: Possibly a Framework problem?

Post by viruskiller » June 6th, 2013, 4:47 pm

well if u did exactly as he did and there's that huge difference then u need a new computer:P
or maybe u didn't do the sys buffer optimization yet?

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » June 6th, 2013, 4:51 pm

yeah i just opened it and it seems u have no optimization yet, i think he already showed how to modify the put pixel function to be faster, also he explains in a episode i think about the system buffer optimization.
the way the project is now is no wonder it doesn't draw fast

TonkoD

Post by TonkoD » June 6th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Ah, so the problem was in me all the time.. :P. You skip 1 lesson and look what happens. Thank you for your responce, I'll go watch lesson 13 when I have time and update the info on what happened :).