A simple to use menu/GUI lib that works with DirectX?

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Tommy

A simple to use menu/GUI lib that works with DirectX?

Post by Tommy » March 29th, 2013, 1:30 am

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a easy to use library that will work with DirectX (on top of the back-buffer) for things like creating menus, popups, tickboxes, drop-down boxes, tab-menus, etc..?

Thanks in advance.

ForRealzZzZz

Re: A simple to use menu/GUI lib that works with DirectX?

Post by ForRealzZzZz » March 30th, 2013, 2:08 pm

Tommy wrote:Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a easy to use library that will work with DirectX (on top of the back-buffer) for things like creating menus, popups, tickboxes, drop-down boxes, tab-menus, etc..?

Thanks in advance.
Your question is a bit ambiguous which do you want? An integrated menu inside of your frame? A menu integrated into your window? or a popup dialog box activated by a button inside your drawings?

Tommy

Post by Tommy » April 2nd, 2013, 6:25 am

I have some graphics drawn to the backbuffer that goes to the screen. I don't want to have to create my own menu features and draw that ontop of the backbuffer.

It would be nice if there was an already made menu library or something that can go ontop. How it works doesn't worry me, so long as it works and is easy to implement.

cameron

Post by cameron » April 2nd, 2013, 5:38 pm

This would not be hard to implement without a library. This is also, what I am going to do soon. I will create a class called menu. There will be a function called add button. There will be a function if button is clicked.

I mean there probably are library's specifically for this but im just going with this method and it will benefit me later on.
Computer too slow? Consider running a VM on your toaster.

NaturalDemon

Post by NaturalDemon » April 4th, 2013, 6:32 am

Look in the DirectX example browser in your c:\program files\DirectX SDK folder ... there is an example or 2 on how to use winform controls like button with/or in DirectX and even ownerdraw custom controls.