Question about OS!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
deadahead4207

Question about OS!

Post by deadahead4207 » March 11th, 2013, 11:15 pm

I am currently using a basic pc from like 2006 or something I got from one of my friends a while back. It only has windows xp service pack 1 and will not update to sp2 or sp3 because I guess it is too old or something. I don't have any money right now to upgrade my OS, and the only way to get Visual C++ is to have atleast sp3. Does anyone know any way around this or alternatives to Microsoft Visual C++? I would really like to follow along with these tutorials, but my crappy outdated pc is keeping me from learning the basics like I want to. Thank you.

PutPixel255

Re: Question about OS!

Post by PutPixel255 » March 12th, 2013, 6:38 am

Google is your friend. Do a search xp sp 2 and 3 requirements. This ramble, pasted below is from the first link.

"To install SP3, your computer must meet the hardware and operating system requirements listed below. In addition, your computer must at least be running Windows XP with Service Pack 1 installed.

We recommended that you have Service Pack 2 installed before installing SP3. You can download Service Pack 2 at the Windows XP Service Pack 2 website."