Check it out

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
maxon887

Check it out

Post by maxon887 » September 4th, 2015, 3:43 pm

Being impressed by Chili I i wrote a game. First i thought drop it right here. But it became a good one and i decided to publish it on some mobile markets. Greet "Jim the Snake".
Android https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .cross.jim
iOS https://itunes.apple.com/by/app/jim-the ... ?ls=1&mt=8
There is also Windows client available. Check it below.
I'll be very grateful to you if you set 5 stars on markets.
Attachments
Jim the Snake.zip
(5.59 MiB) Downloaded 169 times

albinopapa

Re: Check it out

Post by albinopapa » September 4th, 2015, 5:30 pm

Hardest part of the game is controls. The windows client really only works in 1920x1080. Click and drag the mouse to change the direction of the snake. The other controls in the settings menu are arrows and pointer. Arrows gives you two onscreen arrows to change the direction and pointer does the same as the default, but gives a visual vector arrow at the point you click and drag. It's a bit difficult to operate in this fashion on a PC.

Checked it out on my android (Galaxy S3). The controls made a little more sense using a touch screen, but still has it's draw backs. The biggest being you have a finger or stylus in the way almost the whole time as you still have to drag your finger in the direction you want to go.

I usually like snake/worm games, but this one isn't for me. I'll see what my 9 year old thinks and report back. For me, I think I would have preferred a tap or click in the direction to move the snake, instead of a swipe or drag.

Anyway, I wish you the best and good job on finishing a game on getting it on the market.
If you think paging some data from disk into RAM is slow, try paging it into a simian cerebrum over a pair of optical nerves. - gameprogrammingpatterns.com