[UPDATE 3.5]Angry Square

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Csharp

Re: [UPDATE 3.5]Angry Square

Post by Csharp » January 21st, 2013, 12:19 pm

Hi, I know this is a little bit of a random question;

When I downloaded angry square I was able to run it on my college computers (which dont have Direct x installed as far as I am aware)
However when I try to run my exe's that I have made I get the error of "not a vaild win app" or something like that.

Just wondering was there something special you did to your code to make it run regardless of this, or did you include an extra file? :s

HippoSocks

Post by HippoSocks » January 30th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Csharp wrote:Hi, I know this is a little bit of a random question;

When I downloaded angry square I was able to run it on my college computers (which dont have Direct x installed as far as I am aware)
However when I try to run my exe's that I have made I get the error of "not a vaild win app" or something like that.

Just wondering was there something special you did to your code to make it run regardless of this, or did you include an extra file? :s
Hey, Sorry my replys a tad late, for me, the game ran out the box.. Nothing special should be needed, and it wouldn't run without DirectX 9 at least(?) because its requires it for the graphics.. I don't quite understand, with the error you're experiencing, I'd say you're compiler is set up wrong?

Sorry I can be of much help.. That's beyond my knowledge.. :roll:
-Socks

natox1986

Post by natox1986 » February 1st, 2013, 5:33 pm

I'm not quite sure but it would make sense to say that the executable files you're trying to run are not compatible... as in, maybe they weren't compiled as win32 applications or maybe the compiling process went wrong or the file is just corrupt?

First Google hit was: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000726.htm
Google also showed: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 0ebe7a8bd4

It might help you out. ;)