Error on compilation (MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with..)

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Shaki

Error on compilation (MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with..)

Post by Shaki » November 28th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Life Story: Anyways I'm posting this here because I'm quiiiiiiite flustered. Awhile back I tried to dual-install Linux on this PC, and what do you know, my manufacturer slightly modified the architecture of an i7 (thus making Linux incompatible), blah, blah, blah. Long story short, I transferred all of my files from an external onto a fresh install, and everything worked (save a few registry issues).

At first, I solved this by reinstalling VC++ 2012(RC beta) (Yes i used that).
Then for whatever reason, THAT stopped working, so I installed VC++ 2010 Express, and it worked like a charm.

Now after my months of being lazy and not getting around to programming, I'm faced with this error once again..

I know from experience "CL.exe" is the compiler, and I also know in the project options the correct compiler version must be used, IE: v100, v110, or v90, (I use v100 for compatibility with the projects chili uploads), SO I am annoyed. I will spend the night trying to solve this, and IF I CAN, I will post a solution, because I really hope this never happens to any of you.. Seriously.. It's really annoying.

Here's the build output:

Code: Select all

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Chili DirectX Framework, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Platforms\Win32\Microsoft.Cpp.Win32.Targets(147,5): error MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with code -1073741515.
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Shaki

Re: Error on compilation (MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with..)

Post by Shaki » November 29th, 2012, 12:56 am

I managed to rid myself of the CL.exe error by using this tutorial: http://i-am-bryan.com/webs/tutorials/fi ... un-rc-exe/

However, I am presented with this

Code: Select all

1>cl : Command line error D8027: cannot execute 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\c2.dll'

Shaki

Re: Error on compilation (MSB6006: "CL.exe" exited with..)

Post by Shaki » November 29th, 2012, 1:05 am

AND I solved it by using the c2.dll from VC++2012RCB

Just copy the dll I have uploaded to the directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin" and all will be swell.
Download the beautiful dll >>>HERE<<<

Ironic how I had this error for months and only just now solved it T_T. Anyways I guess my talking to myself is done now. If anyone else shares a similar problem, they won't have to face it like I did and can just be like, oh sweet *does*. :P.