Shaders

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
npissoawsome

Shaders

Post by npissoawsome » November 21st, 2012, 4:04 am

Hey Chilli, I think it was you that mentioned shaders and alpha blending or something, but I'm looking for a way to write code for my graphics card without using something like Cuda C, just because it's only supported by nvidia graphics cards.

If you could just tell me what I would use to do this, I can go from there. I'm quite good at getting information, once I know what I'm looking for.

So yeah, any help is extremely appreciated.

Asimov

Re: Shaders

Post by Asimov » November 24th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Hi,

Don't talk to me about shaders. Been trying for 2 days to get a glow effect shader in Unity and so far I have failed. It was easy in Cryengine and 3ds max, but Unity has to be difficult. Even started to learn how to code shaders from scratch, but still haven't made it.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

NaturalDemon

Post by NaturalDemon » November 24th, 2012, 9:30 pm

hahaha, asimov

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » November 27th, 2012, 1:48 pm

You need to use HLSL (high level shader language, looks a lot like C) to do shaders in D3D. There are an asston of tutorials on the web and undoubtedly on youtube as well.
Chili

npissoawsome

Post by npissoawsome » November 29th, 2012, 3:31 am

chili wrote:You need to use HLSL (high level shader language, looks a lot like C) to do shaders in D3D. There are an asston of tutorials on the web and undoubtedly on youtube as well.
Alright thanks a bunch man, rastertek had a tutorial on them, and I ended up just scrapping everything I have. I'm starting again using actual DirectX, and then I'll learn how to use HLSL

LuX

Post by LuX » November 29th, 2012, 3:40 pm

There's also a great selection of tutorials here: http://www.toymaker.info/Games/index.html including shaders.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ