Greetings And Thank You!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
adabo

Greetings And Thank You!

Post by adabo » October 27th, 2012, 3:37 am

Much thanks and appreciation Chili for all your hard work, patience and time you put into the youtube video's and this fancy forum. In one day I'm on lesson 11, and my head is spinning... (not recommended I'm sure)

Anyway, your strategy and method of going over the basics of programming/c++ along with basics of geometry and explaining it as if your audience is a complete noob to it is absolutely perfect. I am a total noob and was never any good at arithmetic or geometry or any mathematics. Strangely enough I love programming (been coding in AutoHotkey for about 3 years now).

I can quickly see the need to know the math that you teach for games. Basic things that you teach are necessary fundamentals, and I just want to say to all the nay-sayers of put.pixel, you're wrong. Skipping this just to slap a png/bmp,raster whatever would be a grave mistake and you'd only be cheating yourself. Knowing how map out circle is not just to simply draw it, rather, more importantly, to tell the compute where one exists. Think collision. Think boundaries.

Anywho, good job. I just found your site today and I'm already hooked. Keep up the good work and uh.. I guess, do you have a donation system? Wouldn't mind making a small contribution to show appreciation. Thanks!

chili
Site Admin

Re: Greetings And Thank You!

Post by chili » October 27th, 2012, 3:48 am

Hey adabo, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the hearty approbation. It's always nice to see when somebody gets it. ;)

No donation system here brah. If you wanna show your support, follow the tutorials, and when you're ready, make some little game or demo and share it with everyone here on the forum. I usually get a kick out of seeing what other people have done with the stuff I teach.
Chili

adabo

Re: Greetings And Thank You!

Post by adabo » October 27th, 2012, 4:01 am

Ahh. Well, I certainly don't mean to encourage the "Donate! Donate!" attitude. Seems to be counter-productive. Was only wondering. I know the time it takes to do this sort of project can easily take a bite out of the pocket. Needless to say, if no funds necessary, better for us? Lol