Hey Chilli

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
dark_realos

Hey Chilli

Post by dark_realos » October 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm

hey sir, me and a friend are trying to make a game to sell so hopefully we can live our lives doing something we enjoy ^.^, i was wondering is it possible i can have and email or something to chat to you or email me on darkrealos@googlemail.com i would be intrested in your software rules and maybe using it, were not without reason we would like to work something out that benifits you as much as us ^.^

thank you
roger

LuX

Re: Hey Chilli

Post by LuX » October 26th, 2012, 6:01 pm

There's a couple of thing I would say here, but to keep it short; The current framework isn't exactly something you would want to use for a commercial game, or for anything you are willing to sell. And instead of using "chili framework" when you are good enough at this stuff you can make your own framework and engine etc.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 27th, 2012, 2:34 am

Yup, I would say the same. Use the framework to sharpen your skills and try out ideas. Make some demo/freeware stuff with your friends and release it to cultivate a following and maybe find some talented people to join your team. By the time you are experienced enough to develop a full game from start to finish that people would actually pay money for, you will have already outgrown the current framework and it will be childsplay for you to make something similar/superior.

Intermediate lessons 4 & 5 (I think) will help you to understand how to make your own framework. What you come up with in the end might be very similar to what I made, but that's to be expected. So long as you have coded it all out on your own, you will be on secure legal ground. Not that I'm going to go around suing people or anything. :lol: However, whenever money is involved, you're always better safe than sorry.
Chili

dark_realos

Post by dark_realos » October 27th, 2012, 7:41 pm

well thanks guys didnt expect a fast response but thanks alot ive been programmign for years but jumping languages and taking breaks so imkinda an amature but with a general understanding of languages ty for videos i will be following them but i do have one quest i mean ive got alto of ppl that would jump on board for this idea and they are wel lexperiewnced but im not great at maths and the maths tutorials were hard and lost me how important would you say they are for your games?

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 27th, 2012, 11:27 pm

Hi dark_realos,

I am also not good at maths, but it doesn't stop you making games heh heh.

As for the framework. There are a lot of things with Directx you have to follow the same way, so if we all learn the same way, won't they be very similar to the Chilli framework?

It's like Steve Vai learnt from Joe Satriani on the guitar and their styles are very similar heh heh.

In fact my framework looks so similar to Chillis it is amazing except for all those extra bits I added LOL
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

dark_realos

Post by dark_realos » October 28th, 2012, 1:02 am

ty everyone for your posts ill hopefulyl be in contact in future with some good news :)