Screen-Smash - Test My Game!!!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
thetoddfather

Re: Screen-Smash - Test My Game!!!

Post by thetoddfather » October 30th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Took down all previous versions. As I update I'll just take down the last and add the new. Just wanted to put this one up cause it pretty much finishes off the 'game' with two fully functioning tools. Time to add more now :)

Lux, not a bad thought lol. I may just take you up on that one. I am hoping to have all kinds of critters on here interacting with each other, going to war ... etc. But baby steps haha. I think I'll probably add something like the happy face nom nom guy next. Dunno.

Anyway, anyone that tries it out, lemme know what you think so far!
Last edited by thetoddfather on October 31st, 2012, 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 30th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Hi Todfather,

Works perfectly, but that bug is still in there. If you move the hammer to the very bottom of the screen the whole screen scrolls up.

How I would stop it is this. I would restrict the hammer cursor from going below the windows bar at the bottom of the screen.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 30th, 2012, 7:21 pm

There was a glitch in the last one with the lighter too. I updated it with the glitch fixed.

It is strange, and so far you're the only one having this issue. Still no clue why it's doing it. Can you give me a bit more info? Is it happening with the lighter too? Or just the hammer? Also, can you do a bit of playtesting and let me know how far down it gets before it starts to scroll? I wonder if there is a windows flag to make scrolling false. That could help too.

Chili? Lux? Anyone able to lend a little advice on this one?

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 31st, 2012, 4:18 am

Most recent.

Lorth

Post by Lorth » October 31st, 2012, 9:26 am

Hey!

It starts to be kinda fun destroying your desktop.

Love the latest implement the gun, but isn't that a machine gun?
you are not able to use the machine gun part only single burst.

and the major thing i think about is the maximum numbers of smaches, shutgun holes, and all this, it feels kinda weird that you smash your screen and after 15 smashes it auto repairs, would love to let that be kinda permanent and when you made the screen all black it's done.

only some idees, anyway i love destroying my desktop now and then when my comp dosn't obay me :D

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 31st, 2012, 2:10 pm

You need to get it to write the damage sprites directly to the desktop image, permanently altering it.
Chili

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 31st, 2012, 4:07 pm

Lorth, haha sweet, I'm glad you're enjoying it! I love the gun as well. There will be some changes to how it's implimented, but it's pretty cool for now I say. It is an M4 Carbine, which is an assault rifle, so I wanted to impliment it a little differently than a full on machine gun. And the sound is the sound of a real M4 firing :twisted: . For now, all that is implimented is the single burst shot, but I will be adding a three burst round as well to this gun. I'm also going to add a toggled laser sight. Later, I will be adding a shotgun (SPAS 12) as well as a Machine Gun (M-249). But this will be the only gun for awhile. I want to add some life for target practice first ;)

Chili and Lorth, agreed. That is my next major step in this little program. Should add greatly to the overall fun of the game and it will make future additions to it easier to code.

Toddfather.

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 31st, 2012, 10:42 pm

Done.

All damage now edits the background directly. Enter resets your screen.
Last edited by thetoddfather on November 1st, 2012, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 31st, 2012, 11:07 pm

Hi Todfather,

Hey I didn't know that if you press the right mouse button it changes to a lighter LOL. I like the lighter.
Perhaps I can build you a 3D lighter after I have finished this car I am making.

Ok everything is great except for that problem with the scrolling window if I move the mouse to the bottom. Then it looks like I have two bars, but really it is your image scrolled.

I will attache a picture for you to see.
Attachments
smash.jpg
(107.18 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

adabo

Post by adabo » November 1st, 2012, 7:36 am

Works fine after I turn off ShareX (screencapture program). Seems like your program shares a hotkey that my screencap software uses.

Anyway, once running its smooth. I can jam on the mouse button and light it up as much as I want. Nice work :)