Long Shot.

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
thetoddfather

Long Shot.

Post by thetoddfather » October 25th, 2012, 4:10 am

I have a couple projects I really want to work at in the near future involving the same kind of requirement that I have no idea how to go about tackling.

I am not sure if this is just wayy too much to explain over a forum post or not, but I'll take my chances there is some work around that experienced guys on here may know to get me rolling on it.

Basically the easiest one is just a basic program to piss my dad off who hates computers. I would like to create a full screen program that copies the screen content ala 'print screen' button and then makes that the full screen image of the program. Then I'd prob add some fun stuff in like sound effects and such when he tries to click a specific icon ...

Anyone have any pointers in this regard????

thetoddfather

zz

Post by thetoddfather » October 25th, 2012, 4:44 am

zz
Last edited by thetoddfather on October 25th, 2012, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asimov

Re: Long Shot.

Post by Asimov » October 25th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Hi Todfather,

If you really want to annoying him then write a small program that moves his mouse around the screen. You don't need to copy the screen for that.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 25th, 2012, 10:53 pm

WOW!! Can't believe it. After a day of editing, writing code and trial with god knows how much error, I have this baby ALMOST PERFECT!!!

Have a look!!

F5 gets you out.

Anyone know how I can get those last few pixels at the bottom to be gone? Tried tons of things but can't seem to get her to go any bigger.

Gunna use this as a side project for a Desktop Destroyer program between Chili updates.
Attachments
PrintScreen.rar
(11.95 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 26th, 2012, 12:01 am

Hi Todfather,

All I get is a white screen. I am pretty sure this isn't what you are trying to achieve. I am on Windows 7.
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 26th, 2012, 12:14 am

Crap. Make sure you pull it out of the zip? Tried this on 4 windows 7 computers and it works on all of em... Strange...

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 26th, 2012, 12:33 am

Hi Todfather,

Yes I brought it out of the zip too. I am running a 64bit OS, but that shouldn't make a difference. I am guessing my screen dimensions are different to yours though.

1600 x 900
----> Asimov

thetoddfather

Post by thetoddfather » October 26th, 2012, 1:11 am

Screen dimentsions should not matter. I have run this successfully on 64 and 32 bit computers. Only problem I had was the MSCV100.dll missing error with it.

Very strange.

I may have something to do with admin privileges?

When you run it, it should create a bmp file called 1.bmp. Is it getting that far?

LuX

Post by LuX » October 26th, 2012, 10:39 am

For me it creates a screenshot image 1.bmp. But after that the whole thing crashes.
But nice work on getting that part working : -P
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Asimov

Post by Asimov » October 26th, 2012, 1:51 pm

Hi Todfather,

Yes it made the bmp. I didn't notice that, but then it crashes. I would really like to know how you did this.
----> Asimov