Quick question on Lesson 12

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
warangel16

Quick question on Lesson 12

Post by warangel16 » October 6th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Hello everyone, i'm curious about something for Lesson 12. It's not the lesson itself per se, but what I MIGHT be doing wrong throughout the lesson. I'm currently at around halfway point where you present the loop for the DrawGrid, but when I do the loop EXACTLY as you show and build it; it says that "iy" is undeclared. Interestingly enough though, I can still debug it and still get it to show the grid. So my question is, why does it keep warning me that "iy" is undeclared?

Edit- ignore my idiocy on the "loop for DrawGrid" part.... I realize that I didn't need the loop to draw the grid. now that I got that outta the way, I won't be able to "draw X or O" on the grid, because of "iy" apparently not being declared.... I may just completely start from scratch and see what I did wrong, but any help to unveiling my stupidity would be appreciated. :)

XxWalKaxX

Re: Quick question on Lesson 12

Post by XxWalKaxX » October 6th, 2012, 6:21 pm

then you need to declare iy
What you call a bug...I call a new feature!

warangel16

Post by warangel16 » October 8th, 2012, 5:18 pm

I'm pretty sure I declared it, seeing as I followed exactly as Chili had said in the videos, but I will check over every line I have put in throughout the lesson. Thanks again for the reply.

XxWalKaxX

Post by XxWalKaxX » October 8th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Lol if it says its undeclared its undelcared, maybe you delcared it in a function and you are trying to use it globally, it's hard do anything without your solution. Be sure to follow the forum rules on cleaning your folder if you decide to upload it.
What you call a bug...I call a new feature!

LuX

Post by LuX » October 8th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Walka is right, if it says there's no "iy" it's not there.

Couple of tips would be to find out if you messed the declaration somehow, so press Ctrl+F and type in "iy" and see if it's written some where in some form incorrectly, or go over were ever you have written "iy", right click and see if it finds anything if you click "go to definition".

If nothing comes up you most certainly haven't declared it.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

warangel16

Post by warangel16 » October 8th, 2012, 5:34 pm

I understand that, that is why i'm checking it over, if I can't find it myself, I will head to the forum rules and then post the codes I have. I usually suck at finding Waldo anyway. x)

-Edit: Good news everybody, I found my problem... I put a semi-colon after the for statement for "iy". :oops: Thanks for everyone who replied.