Question about Japan

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Shaki

Question about Japan

Post by Shaki » October 6th, 2012, 3:53 am

Hey chili, or any other dwellers of the nation Japan..

I had always wanted to move to Japan, and plan on doing so in the future. How do you go about doing that? I looked up on the government sites and it said some very vague things about the Visa, however nothing about gaining residence unless you have a relation with the country already.

btw, I just wanted to ask this, very unrelated to programming but ^.^ DON'T HATE.

chili
Site Admin

Re: Question about Japan

Post by chili » October 6th, 2012, 1:52 pm

You can get a visa by getting hired for a job here and having your employer arrange one or by applying for one as a student (you need to be enrolled in a program at a school in japan then). A lot of people come in on a student visa and then find a job and get their visa converted.
Chili

Shaki

Post by Shaki » October 6th, 2012, 6:43 pm

^o^ Thanks :D. Also, to add to my pestering ( >:D ), what universities really accept foreign students ( I know im asking alot ), I googled for a few hours and all it tells me is the opposite of what I'm looking for.. (The opposite being japanese students going to canada). >.< Sorry to ask you really, I just have no other resource I can use (google being a butthole).

JerryTheBig

Post by JerryTheBig » October 14th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Can i have a question too? Tell me please how do you get idea to go to Japan? I mean they chose you, or you chose them. I study programing in high school in Czech Republic and i have no idea what university i will study after. And where.
Thanks for reply amd sorry for this personal question.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » October 27th, 2012, 4:11 am

I got on with the JET program, and then afterward I got a job at a law firm in Tokyo. You need a bachelor degree in order to get accepted to the JET program, and you need to live in one of the recruiting countries. I really have no idea about getting in as a student, because I never took that route. I wanna get PAID. :lol:
Chili