Windows

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
XxWalKaxX

Windows

Post by XxWalKaxX » September 27th, 2012, 1:30 am

Well I must I think i finally learned this well enough to do it on my own. High fives to me!
Attachments
Windows.zip
(5.41 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
What you call a bug...I call a new feature!

hempkat

Re: Windows

Post by hempkat » September 27th, 2012, 4:25 am

my friend, I want to introduce you to the messagebox function
( only b/c of what you had written :), and yes I did see it used in your error checking )

Awesome job, I got pretty engrossed in learning all the details of the winmain entry point a few weeks ago. All you have to do now, is remove the fugly GDI and initialize some Direct3D

I have to point out tho, you have some redundant code in there.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » September 30th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Good work brah! It's always a good idea to work this stuff out on your own from scratch, even if only once.
Chili

Lorth

Post by Lorth » October 29th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Hey everyone!

As i follow chili intensive i got to the point there i wanna make my own framework.
The very first problem i enconter is what kind of project shall i make :S

When i started to program I used the libarary "Allegro" for my games. And there i always started my project as an "empty project".

Now i feel that i should make my own framework from scrath, for learning and to acctually make a own framework.

But now i have encounter some problems. i Have read alot on web pages to get ideas and i read alot from the directx SDK that got tutorials. the SDK tutorials want you to make the basis from a Win32 application.

So the question i got, is, what is the different between starting an "empty project" and a "Win32 application". And what shall i use to make my own framework?

LuX

Post by LuX » October 30th, 2012, 3:13 pm

I'm not sure what the "Win32 application" does. I would guess it just generates you the basic files for you, but the empy project doesn't so you have to literally write it from scratch. If you read directX SDK tutorials I would guess they naturally want you to skip the part of completely writing it from scratch and jump to the main point and go to learning directly.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ