Thanks for the help.

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
cameron

Thanks for the help.

Post by cameron » July 21st, 2012, 6:21 pm

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by cameron on July 21st, 2012, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computer too slow? Consider running a VM on your toaster.

codinitup

Re: Post games on Xbox live?

Post by codinitup » July 21st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Well you should most likely check out MSDN for more info, but if you wanted to make like an indie game, then you need to use C# because the Xbox project option is only available in C# with the XNA game studio. You might also find it very useful to know about 3D programming as well.

Here's a link to WikiHow for more info http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Video-Gam ... e-Xbox-360
MOOOOOO

cameron

Re: Thanks for the help.

Post by cameron » July 21st, 2012, 8:23 pm

Oh okay i thought xbox360 supported c++ and directx.
Computer too slow? Consider running a VM on your toaster.

codinitup

Post by codinitup » July 21st, 2012, 8:42 pm

Nope. Also it may be important to point out that C# is a windows only language, maybe linux, but most likely not. If you have a mac and you still want to try out the game studio than try to get an emulator or something along the lines of that. You also need an Xbox to hook up to. I tried to make an indie game a few months ago and I clicked the build and run option and it said that I needed to hook up my xbox to the computer for it to work correctly. You should also know that to publish the game it is 49.99 USD to publish the game. They say that they do that for "quality control".

If you're still interested than you should check out http://www.Gamedev.net for more info, I hear that it's a great place to check out if you are new to programming.
MOOOOOO

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 22nd, 2012, 2:57 am

For a simple indie game XNA is fine (XNA requires that you use C#). Commercial games are written in C++ though, but you need to buy the SDK (which is in the thousand dollar range apparently).
Chili