revamping PutPixel() for non-D3D9 compliant graphics adaptor

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
McSquizzy123

revamping PutPixel() for non-D3D9 compliant graphics adaptor

Post by McSquizzy123 » July 18th, 2012, 6:54 am

Hello, Chili, I got a problem in Lesson 13 while revamping the PutPixel section D3DGraphics.cpp. Since my computer isn't so good, I use the framework for non-D3D9 compliant graphics adaptors. The problem is that that framework has different coding in D3DGraphics.cpp( and I'm pretty sure its different in .h) than the one you use in your video. I tried copying and pasting everything you did in the normal framework and it didn't work, and also I tried copy and pasting all the lines of code you did while including all the extra coding from the non-D3D9 compliant graphics adaptor framework( very confusing ), but nothing worked. So, is there a way you could either make a video on revamping the PutPixel section for non-D3D9 compliant graphics adaptor framework, or make a zip file in the Lesson Material Downloads sticky topic including the revamped source code for the D3DGraphics.cpp and .h?

chili
Site Admin

Re: revamping PutPixel() for non-D3D9 compliant graphics ada

Post by chili » July 18th, 2012, 11:35 am

Actually, the part that changes is no different. Maybe the only difference you will see is that the version you're using has assert() macros, but these can be ignored/deleted. Give it another try yourself and if it still doesn't work post your solution and I will see what you're doing wrong.
Chili

McSquizzy123

Post by McSquizzy123 » July 19th, 2012, 1:03 am

It worked! :D thanks Chili, I must've copied wrong the first time or something, sorry.

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » July 19th, 2012, 1:51 am

No problem bro. I could have done it for you but it's better to work these things out on your own, don't you agree? ;)
Chili

McSquizzy123

Post by McSquizzy123 » July 19th, 2012, 4:52 am

I totally agree. Other than the fact that you explain just about every letter/number you type, the fact that you only give a little push and then let others ride the bike on their own is why I didn't stop following your tutorials after watching Lesson 1 like I did to many other C++ teaching videos. Well, that and your funny as hell :lol: