Can i say hello here? =S

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Nogard

Can i say hello here? =S

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 4:30 am

Heya Chilli, i need to thank you for the tutorials and... Let me see, how can i begin? Well, i am 16, i love games, and more than that, i love the idea of make them, i always tried to learn how to make a game, i tried RPG Maker, 2000, 2003, XP, VX, but i never really finished one =S I tried Game Maker too, but i didn't ever started and i then stopped, i made 5 or 6 sucessful maps on the World Editor (of Warcraft 3), but that is not exatly a game, it's just a map of 1... Whatever, i tried learn how to do sprites, and i think i even did it, i drew some new pokémon sprites, that they call fakemon, i even liked the ones that i drew more than the originals, but whatever, on my mind i always thought that scripts were the most boring and annoying part of making a game, but then i find your tutorials and i just said, well, let's see... Then you said to download all the programs and stuff and i was thinking: "Come on, i will never download all this shit to make boring scripts", but, i continued watching the video and few minutes after i was like: "OMG, that's freakin' cool, i want to do that, look at that, the computer is hearing him and answering!" Then i downloaded and followed every tip, every step, completed every single homework and challenges. Then, when i finished the Lesson 13 i just realized: "Hum, it's a lot of new information, i need to fixate that on my mind, how could i do that?" Then i stopped seeing lessons and started a game by my own, trying to use everything you taught till there... The result is the game on annex, it's a simple game, maybe with some bugs and not even funny, haha, but it's a game, and i really loved making it, you have no idea of how happy i was when i just created the "AllCollider" function, i just said: "OMG, it's SO freakin' useful to my game, it will save my life, did i really made it?" On this time, i knew exatly that i could pass the rest of my life coding, scripting... Well, I'm brazilian, so, some words are in portuguese on the script, but i think it's just the comments for better organization, i tried to make everything in english, because i need to learn this language too =P You know, i never did any additional english class, just the basics of normal school, and i didn't finish the school yet, so, bad english and i'm sorry for that... But your tutorials are teaching me a lot, not just scripting but english too :) So, THANK YOU a lot!
Attachments
My game.zip
(43.91 KiB) Downloaded 275 times

Zergling

Re: Can i say hello here? =S

Post by Zergling » July 5th, 2012, 4:45 am

nice to hear your my age. Im still on lesson 12 lol. Also nice game but im still trying to figure out what the objective is so far i make the blue guy kill the orange triangle guy and i guess i go to another level but from there i always die lol. And if your trying to not make us be able to see the paths we can take um i found a glitch where i can see all the paths within that level. :)

Nogard

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 4:56 am

Well, i'm sorry, i probably misunderstood your comment, because my english sucks, but, what i understood was that you found a way to see the paths? What would be the paths? Well, i think the only paths my game has were made to be saw, but whatever... Understanding what is the objective is a real problem, i am hoping i will be able to make some kind of menu before start the game soon with more lessons, then, on menu i make a tutorial to teach what need to be done to win the game, but till there, really, it's a real problem...
Well, can you find the guys on the lower left? And then the "="? The guys before the "=" are the guys who are currently alived, and the guys after the "=" are the guys that should be alived to open the portal, if you kill someone that should not be killed you need to reset the game ( you can use "enter" to reset )...
Another tip is that, you can use space to change the speed, and, you need to know that, the triangle kills the green guys, the blue kills the triangle, you kill the blue and the red and the green hurts you...
Sorry for the inconvenience of making a complex game with nothing explaining that, i just forgot that it don't have a tutorial yet =X And thank you for warning me :)

Zergling

Post by Zergling » July 5th, 2012, 5:04 am

no problem if you made your game so every1 can see the paths well i guess what i downloaded i can only see the path on the farthest left side the other 2 are invisible... yea that got me killed first 10 times... but then i noticed i put my mouse outside of the window and then put it back i see all the paths for a split second yea i do not know if you wanted us to see all the paths or just one that is why i guessed that was a glitch. other than that yea i hope you get to make it better with all the new stuff you learn im going to be stuck on lesson 12 for awhile lol my cursor for the tic tac toe is off figuring out what i did wrong :)

Nogard

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 5:17 am

Hey, i'm sorry if i sounded agressive, wasn't the intention =\ But... something is wrong, it was supposed to everyone be able to see the paths all the time... When i open here i can see all the paths... you should see that too, could it be a bug? Can anyone verify that and help me to fix? =S Oh, and thank you again, for warning :)

Zergling

Post by Zergling » July 5th, 2012, 5:31 am

no problem and it could be a bug or just that i downloaded it a tiny bit wrong but oh well and since u passed lesson 12 i was wondering if you could help me on my problem here im stuck for this part my cursor is off and im following and following but same result comes up i was wondering you can find it
Attachments
Chili DirectX Framework - Copy.zip
haha im asking you because it seems chili and lux is not online i guess but u are so i need quick help so i can pass this damn bump in the road :)
(8.42 MiB) Downloaded 273 times

Nogard

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 5:50 am

Well, didn't you see the "keyIsPressedLastFrame" part from the tutorial yet? I don't know, your code is still so different of the final code of the lesson... What is exatly the problem that you are having?

Zergling

Post by Zergling » July 5th, 2012, 6:03 am

i did but i had an error so i went back and restarted from making the grid then i discovered an earlier error and that is my cursor okay if you go back to lesson 12 at 1:09:24 chili is done with his drawing cursor part and is now going to show it on the frame. If you downloaded my zip if you run the frame its going to show the grid and the cursor but notice how my cursor and his cursor is different. My cursor but the bottom right part of the cursor is weird. go to my solution and run it on the frame see for your self.

Nogard

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 6:14 am

Oh" Found the problem! You should invert the initial points and the final points of draw line function of the cursor part with problem!
It was that way:

Code: Select all

void Game::DrawCursor( int x,int y )
{
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 8,y + 8,x + 48,y + 8,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 8,y + 9,x + 8,y + 48,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 91,y + 91,x +51,y + 91,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 91,y + 90,x + 91,y + 51,0,255,0 );

}
Invert and it will be like that:

Code: Select all

void Game::DrawCursor( int x,int y )
{
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 8,y + 8,x + 48,y + 8,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 8,y + 9,x + 8,y + 48,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 51,y + 91,x +91,y + 91,0,255,0 );
	gfx.DrawLine( x + 91,y + 90,x + 91,y + 51,0,255,0 );

}
[/color]

Nogard

Post by Nogard » July 5th, 2012, 6:16 am

I just changed the X part of the lower right part of the cursor... Changing from "x + 91 ~ x + 51" to "x + 51 ~ x + 91"

Oh man, you made my day, i fixed a bug :D So happy for helping you, thank you again :D