Game World

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
blueyeredragon

Game World

Post by blueyeredragon » June 20th, 2012, 8:45 pm

Hi guys. I was trying to make a game . You have a tank and you are moving and shoot things vs. But ı came up with a problem. I made a world map with some blocks and world map changes every level .I want to break blocks with my shoot and also enemys and my tank will not pass the blocks . They must stop when they come near . İn chillis tuttorials he talked about something like that but ı want a general way to do this because the way chilli talked about is will not help me . I watched to 20.th lesson by the way. I tried to find some solutions . I thought if ı store every pixel in a array and say them safe from start then if any pixel is put there this will be unsafe and enemies and my tank will not allowed to go that pixels vs... But ı am confused while trying to do this :D .Is there any solution or chilli talked about in any tuttorials .

LuX

Re: Game World

Post by LuX » June 20th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Shouldn't be too hard. But judging by the fact that you have no idea from where to start, I'd recommend you start off with something easier to practice first and gain more experience.

Also remember that what chili teaches doesn't have to be used literally in your code. You can modify them in all directions to create multiple things from just a couple of things. Like lego blocks.

A lot of people here have started complex projects by recreating some classic games that don't take too much effort but are fun to do. And of course add some cool twist to it.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

blueyeredragon

Post by blueyeredragon » June 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm

thx for your answer. I nearly made everything tanks enemies power ups , Levels Maps , But didnt find a good idea for that moving thing.I just started this project today :D

blueyeredragon

Post by blueyeredragon » June 24th, 2012, 5:18 pm

ı find the solution . I made an array named unsafepixel and defined that like :

bool unsafepixel[800*x+y]

and defined all pixels false if putpixel called that pixel became unsafe and ı reset all pixels value every frame .thx to that solve my problem :D .