Series Direction Poll [Closed]

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.

What should I do for the next game project?

Start it immediately using the structured programming paradigms taught thus far.
9%
Postpone it and move directly to C++ object-oriented topics. The game project will be started later and it will use object-oriented paradigms. The framework will likely be taught sooner as well.
91%

Total votes: 33

Asimov

Re: [Sticky] Series Direction Poll

Post by Asimov » June 22nd, 2012, 9:01 pm

Hi npissoawsome,

Not allowed to say too much about it, but hopefully I will later.

Asimov
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

nG Inverse

Post by nG Inverse » June 22nd, 2012, 9:33 pm

@LuX: Thanks for the explanation. I generally don't take sayings like such offensively, I just go upset considering I put a lot of work into learning programming and still have trouble understanding certain aspects of it (which is why I over reacted like I did). I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

andysmith94

Post by andysmith94 » June 29th, 2012, 11:08 am

I definitely think doing something to tie together everything we've learnt so far would be good, but I don't think the project needs to be a large game. Especially because the C++ language will offer far more efficient ways of programming it. Maybe an update to the tic-tac-toe game that utilises sprites and fonts in some way, or you click on the square you want to place the cross/circle in rather than use the arrow keys. Something that can consolidate most things from the recent lessons/framework updates without being a major project

nG Inverse

Post by nG Inverse » June 30th, 2012, 3:36 am

Not trying to bring off the wrong vibe, but approximately when will the next video tutorial be out?

I find it hard enough as it is waiting between videos, but it has been a few weeks now. I'm going crazy! :)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 30th, 2012, 3:44 am

Definately before the end of the weekend (Japan time), which is in a day or two bro. ;)
Chili

nG Inverse

Post by nG Inverse » June 30th, 2012, 5:15 am

Great! Keep up the work Chili, I honestly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart (fruity).

Anyway, I was wondering if you would mine me sharing your video tutorials with a forum group that I am apart of. It is a multi-player variant of the game GTA: San Andreas, and targeted for an audience of 18+. With that said, it is the reason I am asking your permission first. Mainly, despite the age restrictions, there are a LOT of young teenagers who play and are ignorant and will give everyone here headaches. However, there are a ton of programming enthusiasts on the forums, as it allows you to create custom server scripts with the Pawn scripting language (where I started and my base level is at). I honestly think the exposure could give you a good boost in viewers and subscribers, and I know a lot of people would benefit with the quality you bring.

So, there would probably be a good amount of exposure, but a possibility of ignorance on this forum. Would you still be interested in me sharing your smarts with them, or would you rather me keep it to myself?

Thanks, and keep up the great work.

Asimov

Post by Asimov » June 30th, 2012, 10:39 am

Hi ng,

You should not be showing Pawn to youngsters LOL.

You could edit the video and put bleeping sounds in every now and again heh heh.

Asimov
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 30th, 2012, 11:39 am

Yup, it's cool nG. More the merrier!
Chili