Frameworkz

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
magusofmirrors

Frameworkz

Post by magusofmirrors » June 7th, 2012, 5:20 am

Chili, you probably will go over it later on, but I want to know where you recommend I go to learn DX and making my own game engine(the chili framework is an engine, right). Man, when I tell everyone I made my own stand-alone executable game from scratch, I'll be so popular!
The admins are coming!!!

LuX

Re: Frameworkz

Post by LuX » June 7th, 2012, 9:02 am

Man, when I tell everyone I made my own stand-alone executable game from scratch, I'll be so popular!
Yep, nerdy programmers always get the women.

As for making your own framework, the internet is full of tutorials and there are tons of books about directx. Everything just a google search away. Here is one good site I found once: Link, but I have yet to find any tutorials that are as clear and easy to follow as chili's tutorials.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 8th, 2012, 6:21 am

Yeah, that's about the same answer I would give. Google is your friend, in this as in all things.

I cannot recommend any sites because I have not had occasion to follow any Direct3D tutorials. When I want to know how to do something I google it.
Chili

magusofmirrors

Post by magusofmirrors » June 9th, 2012, 10:38 pm

Rastertek is working out very well for me! I'm pretty sure I can do a lesson a day. I typed down the code myself and I feel I actually learned something. I googled "directx tutorial" myself before, but I found that most results were vague as I tried to absorb everything by reading. Still, I think rastertek was the best because they don't fuck up, and that they don't fuck around.

I'll get particle effects in... around a month! :P
The admins are coming!!!

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 10th, 2012, 12:29 am

Yeah, I stumbled across that site when I was looking up DirectSound stuff actually. The DSound class in the framework is basically just the code from his tutorials. :lol:
Chili