Thank you <3

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Entex

Thank you <3

Post by Entex » June 6th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Hey Chili, hope you read this.

I have been programming for about 5 years now. For the moment, I am a student at the Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden, where I work to become an engineer in programming.

I am one of those people who want to know and understand everything else I do not accept it. My goal is not to be good at a programming language, I want to be a good programmer. Which in my eyes is a big difference.

I just finished a school project which focused on games, my team made ​​a game using SDL and OpenGL. After having been responsible for the graphics in the project, I had plenty of motivation for programming. So I went online and searched for DirectX tutorials. Mainly because I have a competition coming in two weeks, where DICE are inspectors of our code. So I'm pretty excited about it. (Here's a link if you want to see some extra information about the competition http://swdc.se/devnull/). Enough bragging now ...

Your tutorials have really learned me a lot about things they do not show at school, like how memory works, even more how graphics works. I've seen your tutorials for 2 days in a row now, nonstop. Now I know a lot more in depth how graphic works from the basics. Sure I have been programming 3D games, but I've never really understood what was happening in the background. How my code was translated from text to pixels and so on. You are my new best friend, who has taught me to understand more about programming.

However. In conclusion, I just wanted to say thanks for posting (in my opinion) one of the best programming tutorials online.

Sincerely, Entex.
"The seed that we planted in this man's mind may change everything." -Leonardo DiCaprio

chili
Site Admin

Re: Thank you <3

Post by chili » June 8th, 2012, 6:18 am

Hey bro, thanks for joining and posting!

I can relate with you, because I am also one of those people who wants to know how everything works (down to the atomic level even :lol:). That's why I make my lessons the way I do. I don't want to just teach the code you need to make something, I want to teach how that code works, and why we use that code instead of some other code. No quick and easy answers here. ;)
Chili