Get rid of Visual C++ includes and libraries Error

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
ghilllie

Get rid of Visual C++ includes and libraries Error

Post by ghilllie » June 4th, 2012, 7:26 am

Ok guys soon or later you will experience this problems when Super Chili here will start the fame of directX here...
This would probably will compress the time duration of Chili's tutorial since he won't need to explain this in his video tutorial instead just redirect here if this problem might appear to your Visual c++.

First I would like to say I am using windows Xp for this tutotial - your results might deffer but the idea is the same for other more newer Windows OS.

here's is the sample problem and how we will solve it.

header AKA ".h" problem or library AKA ".lib" problem?

Solve this Crap:
Step 1.

Step 2.

You should get this:
Collapsed view of Properties elements

You will need this expanded view of the elements inside Properties Manager tray:

Expanded view of Properties elements

Step 3.
Now that you had the elements expanded - select the blue highlited items in the picture by pressing ctrl + left mouse click to select both.

right click one of the blue highligted item then select "properties"
This picture is what you should come up with:

this is the properties window where you are going to end the problem:

Now - open your My Computer then follow the directory as the picture shows below:

Step 4.
Locate your Includes folder where you will see all the header files AKA ".h" files
and copy its directory path:
Now - go to Properties Pages Window of your Visual C++ you just opened and add the directory
you've just copied and paste it after the $(includePath) of Includes Directories but first add ";" after ")"
the result should look like this $(includePath);C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\include. Note that this directory may deffer depending on you Operating system.

This image shows how the directory path looks like:

Step 5.
Repeat Step number 4 but this time for Lib folder and do the same process for Library Directories.
the result should look like this $(includePath);C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Lib\x86. Note that this directory may deffer depending on you Operating system.

You should have this final result:

Step 6.
Apply the changes you've made by pressing "Apply" button in the properties Pages
and click "OK"

This should now have just solved your problem with the unreferenced Header and library of DirectX framework.

Congratulations...
If this doesn't work the first be sure that you have followed everything correctly otherwise
I don't know what is the problem with your includes and libraries :-)
Chili++ for President :)

chili
Site Admin

Re: Get rid of Visual C++ includes and libraries Error

Post by chili » June 4th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Thanks for posting the detailed guide ghilllie. 8-)
Chili

ghilllie

Post by ghilllie » June 4th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Thanks for appreciation bro... I did this because it happened to me too and I learnt it by reading the instructions of the other sites when I search for the solution of this problem. But it took me a lot of sites before I found the one that I could understand. That's why I made here my own version of tutorial with the help of images to make it understandable as much as possible :-)

ghilllie

Post by ghilllie » June 4th, 2012, 6:01 pm

By the way bro I think it would be greater if you add a "Spoiler" and "Youtube" tags feature in your post text editor... That would humbly save space in your posting page and will gave as a decent embedded youtube videos to watch each one of our progress...

Derpy Dinosaur2o3

Post by Derpy Dinosaur2o3 » November 7th, 2012, 3:36 am

I has a freeaking wired error to do with direct X SDK
This is what i see in the output box after running it the game runs fine its just that i cant pick up the poo when i move over it, it does nothing. But after closing this is what i found in my output box after closing

'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\EllenbrookStudent\Desktop\C++ Game (Gary The Slayer\Chili DirectX Framework\Release\Chili DirectX Framework.exe', Symbols loaded.
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\version.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d8thk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\tiptsf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Bluetooth Software\syswow64\BtMmHook.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\oleacc.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumdx32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumd32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll'
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumd32.dll'
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x6ba8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'Chili DirectX Framework.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\igdumdx32.dll'
The program '[27572] Chili DirectX Framework.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Paradox I LOVE EM

Rever42

Post by Rever42 » February 8th, 2013, 11:15 am

When i attempted to do step 2 there was no property stuff. gave me a window saying no stuff ha so yeah what do i do??

Ganjers

Post by Ganjers » February 11th, 2013, 3:08 am

There is another simple solution for you

Just copy the lib and include files from the DirectX directory where you installed and paste them in the proper folders (lib and include folders in the vc++ directory).

:D This would really workz...!!! :D

I just solved the problem like this... :lol:

viruskiller

Post by viruskiller » March 9th, 2013, 9:42 am

i faced the problem with dxerr.lib because instaled wrong DX sdk, anyway after instaling the right one it seemed that i still had pronlems with the project so i cleaned the soluiton and built it but no results.

then i built another clean solution from another project and it worked,
anyway i found out that the include and lib directories that work are
$(DXSDK_DIR)include;$(IncludePath)
$(DXSDK_DIR)lib\x86;$(LibraryPath)

hope this helps others that still face lib errors:)