Windows API calls

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Asimov

Windows API calls

Post by Asimov » June 4th, 2012, 12:26 am

Hi Chilli,

I was just wondering. Is the directx window inside a standard windows api window.

I am wondering if you can make standard api calls like createwindowEx and stuff for opening up dialogue boxes while the frame work is running.

What I am really interested in though, is it possible to make a standard windows menu at the top of your game?

Asimov
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk

ghilllie

Re: Windows API calls

Post by ghilllie » June 4th, 2012, 5:41 am

Asimov wrote:Hi Chilli,

I was just wondering. Is the directx window inside a standard windows api window.

I am wondering if you can make standard api calls like createwindowEx and stuff for opening up dialogue boxes while the frame work is running.

What I am really interested in though, is it possible to make a standard windows menu at the top of your game?

Asimov
Yep that's totally possible Asimov Check the Parameters of WndClassEx here. This site is your Microsoft Library of everything you need to know about what the h**l are those functions for that you are seeing in your source code and more.
Chili++ for President :)

chili
Site Admin

Re: Windows API calls

Post by chili » June 4th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Asimov wrote:Hi Chilli,

Asimov
Yup, you can do all that stuff. Win32 api can be pretty complicated and nasty to work in though.
Chili