ask a silly question...

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
Hydrasin

ask a silly question...

Post by Hydrasin » May 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm

This is in regards to tutorial 13(arrays and teh poo game) but may also apply to other games...

Hey so I just had a sudden realization that has probably been obvious for everyone else but I wanted to make sure anyway....... My question is this: Does the game cycle through all of the code in the ComposeFrame function every frame of the game? If yes, is this why when i draw 50 poos the game runs at < 1 frame a second? How could I get shit everywhere (draw lots of poo) without affecting the game performance? Stand alone exe? alternate code? different framework? Sorry if I'm buggin but the possibilities excite me! :shock:

Thanks!

LuX

Re: ask a silly question...

Post by LuX » May 30th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Patience... And keep watching.

Later you'll get around 10,000 poos before it starts lagging. On my computer anyways.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

Hydrasin

Post by Hydrasin » May 30th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Ha ya, just finished the tutorial... I just hate when I go on and forget a question I had earlier that didn't get answered...

ghilllie

Post by ghilllie » May 31st, 2012, 5:08 am

Hydrasin wrote:Ha ya, just finished the tutorial... I just hate when I go on and forget a question I had earlier that didn't get answered...

As Lux said just keep watchin thru the tutorials and you'll eventually get to whatever thousands of poos you can put in your screen.
Chili++ for President :)

Asimov

Post by Asimov » June 2nd, 2012, 3:34 pm

Hi all,

I have to admit I watched the poo game tutorials but never actually tried the code, but jumped into trying my own game instead. I will probably fall foul of the poo because of this LOL.

Asimov
----> Asimov
"You know no matter how much I think I have learnt. I always end up hitting brick walls"
http://www.asimoventerprises.co.uk