Create 3d Source Code

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
ghilllie

Create 3d Source Code

Post by ghilllie » May 18th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Hi Everyone!,

First of all there's nothing interesting things on this file except that it will have a floating 3d pot
when you run it. If you wanna try to understand things inside the source code they are equipped of comments on how every functions do stuff.

This is a complete working source code on how to create a 3d model, this is from another source but this source code wasn't working from a fresh file giving lots of unresolved external reference files since the author had forgotten to include important direct3d reference files. I just managed to figure it out on how to make this solution to work so you guys won't need to bump your head on the table on figuring out how.

Note:
It might not work if your includes and libraries file aren't configured for Studio to find it's directories.
if true just post and ask and I might be able to post how.

Controls:
down arrow = zoom out
up arrow = zoom in
left arrow, right arrow = rotate left or right

Mouse = view any direction....

The purpose of this topic is for you to have a glance on how to make 3d model but not to try to do it without proper illustrations and explanations like our good friend chili does.
Although It has comments on it explaining the use of every function it might be very difficult
to understand without illustrations on how exactly the functions does.

Good luck Everyone if you wanna try to understand it.
Attachments
Direct3d 3dPot.rar
(322.29 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Chili++ for President :)

chili
Site Admin

Re: Create 3d Source Code

Post by chili » May 18th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Thanks ghillie, maybe some people can make some use of this.
Shit like this example is basically how I learned to do it, so you guys can too! :)
Chili

ghilllie

Post by ghilllie » May 20th, 2012, 2:21 pm

yeah bro i can say it's not that hard to make 3d models. but at least only for boxes and some more simple primitives.

Anyway bro! I have more easy to follow and understand source code of making 3d objects... I might add it here later if I have time.

Just a question bro... it looks like simple primitives isn't going to be that hard to make. but how about loading a 3d file into the framework? Are you going to make a tutorial for it as well in the future? would it be just as easy as loading sprites in a .bmp file?

just curious ass xd!
Chili++ for President :)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 20th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Depends on what file format the model is in, but in general it shouldn't be all that difficult at all bro. ;)
Chili