Hi All, I need some advice

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
accucore12

Hi All, I need some advice

Post by accucore12 » May 18th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Hi Chilli.
Thought i had to drop by and really show my appreciation for all the tutorial that you have done up.I watched every single one of them and really enjoyed them esp your jokes(hehe).
I need some advice.
I am currently trying to recreate a game that has been shut down,I still have the client files though.
Can you tell me what knowledge do i need to have in order to recreate and emulate the server so that i can play back the game.I really love the game and had tried to contact the company that hosted the game but to no avail.

My guess is that i have to reverse engineer the client .exe using a disassembler to figure out the packets that the server need to send since there is no longer any server which i can sniff the packets from .
Could you guide me on how i could do this or is there a better way?What knowledge i need to have in order to do this?

Code: Select all

[/color]

chili
Site Admin

Re: Hi All, I need some advice

Post by chili » May 18th, 2012, 3:37 pm

Awww, bro. that's a real ,jundinger

If the server still existed you coudl sniff the packets but recreating it from a disassembly of the client alone... jeez you'd be better off blueskying it from what you could remember from playing the game bro. IF your plan was to reuse the clioents then you mightr was well just rip the any content (gfrafix) from the client and then start from scratch using that.
Chili

ghilllie

Re: Hi All, I need some advice

Post by ghilllie » May 18th, 2012, 4:07 pm

if you mean MW2 I know the way how to open the game and play it using LAN with your friends without the use of any Server from Steam or AlterIW.
Chili++ for President :)