Windows 7 Ultimate Pauses when running debug

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
ghilllie

Windows 7 Ultimate Pauses when running debug

Post by ghilllie » May 10th, 2012, 12:45 pm

Hi Chili,

Any pointers why your framework causes my OS to freeze? After the freeze happens I can
not make anything to my computer not even ctrl + delete. I need to use the long button press to shutdown my computer every time it happens. and it always happens every time after almost at least 1 to 3 minutes that your framework is open. Any Ideas?
Here's my Computer Specs.
OS = Windows 7 Ultimate
Attachments
specs.png
specs.png (11.01 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Chili++ for President :)

LuX

Re: Windows 7 Ultimate Pauses when running debug

Post by LuX » May 10th, 2012, 1:37 pm

There must be something wrong in your computer. I haven't had any problems with the framework. Strange that control alt delete doesn't work as it opens a security panel that works on a different part of your computer, meaning that any program running shouldn't block it, rather delay its opening.

It might be different on your computer however.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 10th, 2012, 1:41 pm

I have never heard of that happening before to anyone. It should not even be able to do that.
Chili

ghilllie

Post by ghilllie » May 11th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Okay bro,

Problem solved, I put the blame to my freak GPU driver, So your framework does not have any problems.
The problem was because I had my 286.blabla GPU driver installed in my computer. I visit the nvidia forum an dowloaded the latest driver for GT 520 and I found that the latest drivers is 296.blabla and things are working for your framework in my computer now...

Time to continue learning because that problem really was stopping me so badly...
Chili++ for President :)

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 12th, 2012, 2:01 am

Hmmm, odd though that the driver would only affect executables build using the framework and not other graphics programs. Maybe it's because the framework accesses the framebuffer directly. Anyways, glad you managed to get that all sorted bro.
Chili