Assault Tactics [Beta]

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
chili
Site Admin

Re: Assault Tactics [Beta] (now w/ full project folder)

Post by chili » May 13th, 2012, 3:32 pm

Nice bro, I'll check this out tomorrow. I'll also see why your music file isn't loading properly.
Rendering text in the framework is coming in about 3 videos from the one I'm uploading today. ;)
Chili

LuX

Post by LuX » May 13th, 2012, 4:33 pm

Cool, can't wait!
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 15th, 2012, 1:52 pm

Looked at your wave file. It has a malformed header so that's why the audio object won't load it. What software did you use to save the file? If you downloaded it, I recommend trying to open it in an audio editor and then saving it again.
Chili

LuX

Post by LuX » May 15th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Downloaded from Youtube with Freestudio's youtube downloader as .wav
The one I uploaded, I used fraps to record a shorter version and then used an audio converter to .wav
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

LuX

Post by LuX » May 15th, 2012, 4:45 pm

Yes! Downloaded another song, converted, and works! Apparently something with Freestudios converter just fucks things up. I used an online converter: http://www.mp3cutter.in/convert/mp3-to-wav/. Converts songs in like a second and works better than anything else I've tried.

Something else, tho: how can I detect scroll wheel ticks? I've searched google for hours now but can't really find any, at least simple, way for it... Trying to put weapon switching on the mouse, so that scroll wheel up and down go through weapons.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 16th, 2012, 12:42 pm

You need to handle the WM_BLAH message.

Check this page out for more details:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx
Chili

LuX

Post by LuX » May 21st, 2012, 3:21 pm

Looks gooood. :lol:
I haven't done everything I want to add before the next demo, just wanted to show some progress here and let you know I haven't completely given up on this project : -)

It's starting to become laggy :( or maybe it's time for me to buy a new computer, I have been planning to for about two years now...
Attachments
Walls&Sight.png
(81.26 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 22nd, 2012, 2:38 pm

Looks pretty damn awesome bro. Can't wait to see your implementation. 8-)

As for lagginess, it probably means that your algorithms could use some optimization. I'll see if I can give you any hints after I look at your code.
Chili

LuX

Post by LuX » June 8th, 2012, 2:46 pm

As per request: The latest edition of the game!

The code is loaded with all kinds of crap and the code is huge anyways, so navigating through might be hard, but ask if you want to know a specific thing.

I wont be going through a full introduction, but here's some of it:

Controls:
WASD - move, Q - swap weapons, R - reload, Mouse - look around, G - god mode, N - fill hp, M - give ammo, P - spawn enemies, T - toggle sight mode, Y - randomize wall position, ESC - quit. + Might be something I forgot.

Sight:
Starts off at lightest sight mode and gets better, but slower each time you press T.

Enemies:
Currently the enemies spawning have a better AI:
They have sight aswell, only shorter than the player but walls don't affect them. I tried, and know how to make it work, but didn't want to waste time on that since its only going to make the game even slower.

Anyways, the enemies start off at a green neutral state, as soon as you hit them or if they lose sight on you they will be alarmed and go yellow. In that state they will go look at the last place they saw you and return if they find nothing.

If they see you they will become red and shoot at you! Also note that going too close on the enemies, even if your not in their sight, they will spot you.

The old enemy AI is still in the game, so you can test that out if you find out how. Old AI being the fighter and ninja balls.

Sound:
There was originally music and shooting + rocket launch + exploding + impact sound, but they took too much space so I had to erase them...
Attachments
LuXShooter [0.21].rar
(114.36 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » June 8th, 2012, 3:01 pm

I will check this poop out once I get my computer all in order. Thanks for the post broseph. ;)
Chili