I SUCK!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
LuX

Re: I SUCK!

Post by LuX » April 30th, 2012, 11:56 am

Test 3:

I added some weapons that can be swapped with arrow up as well as pressing shift will go to aim mode where you turn slower. There are still no actual sprites so the different weapons will just make your aim cone act differently when you shoot by pressing space.

Next trying to figure out how to make enemies visible only if their in your sight, sight being represented by green lines. The red disc is supposed to be the enemy, thought it doesn't do anything atm and the gray lines help to understand the sight method.

But first I have to fix my image scanner, found an annoying bug there :roll:
Last edited by LuX on May 6th, 2012, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 30th, 2012, 3:19 pm

LuX wrote:Test 3:Next trying to figure out how to make enemies visible only if their in your sight, sight being represented by green lines.
This seems like it could be a good challenge bro. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. :)
Chili

KPence

Post by KPence » April 30th, 2012, 9:37 pm

Stop it from putting pixels outside the screen, it errors me
Needs more foo

LuX

Post by LuX » May 6th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Got a bit further in this project :)
The code is still really messy, I'll have to clean it a bit and add some stuff before I dare to post it here... There is still a bug, when you are at the same Y height as the red ball you can see it even when you face the opposite direction; the way I calculate the players position makes it think you are at the top, thus uses a different sight calculation method.

Controls: WASD: move, Space: Expand aim cone, Arrows left and right: look around, Arrow up: change "weapon". I already have a "shoot" script that generates a random shot angle between the aim cone, but there's something wrong with it, so I took it out for now.

Almost forgot: When you launch the game, click at the top right to enter the game. Bottom right will close it and the other corners are yet to come...

Some images and the debug for testing. You can use My Little Debugger to see some of the debug stuff, that somehow stayed in.

Here's what I have so far:
Attachments
Sight1.png
(111.16 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Sight2.png
(72.5 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Sight Test 6.rar
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » May 7th, 2012, 8:30 am

Interesting demo bro, looking forward to seeing how it looks when you've got some gameplay implemented. ;)

I'm surprised that it doesn't slow down with all the lines you're drawing though.
Chili