Thanks Chili!

The Partridge Family were neither partridges nor a family. Discuss.
nG Inverse

Thanks Chili!

Post by nG Inverse » April 27th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Greetings,

I'm nG Inverse, a 17 year old high school student from the United States. I've always been fascinated with computer programming ever since introduced on an old multiplayer game I used to play which ran with a server-side scripting language (Pawn/SmallC). I had always wanted to expand my programming knowledge so moved on to find the perfect language that would fit my needs; that is, one that is fast, well supported, very flexible, and will allow me to fool around in my off time!

Since then, I looked for tutorials regarding C++. I've never had much time, so mainly searched for videos on YouTube. The few books I had read really only introduced the syntax of the language, which I already learned very quickly and early on. As I tried to get into more specific topics, they were either too advanced or way too basic. There were no intermediate guides for people to read, from my personal searches, that focused on specific subjects.

I'm glad I came across your videos, Chili, within the last month. You have greatly improved my knowledge with the language. Your unique teaching style is amazing accompanying humor and relaxation which really attracted me. Thankfully, you are also the only one I've found that actually takes the extra time to explain every last detail, in full detail. Most wouldn't spend nearly a few minutes trying to explain the DrawLine code, much less do the math behind it!

I really applaud you with what you are doing and hope you continue on! I'm looking to get some basic games out and posted here on the forums to pass some time when I get it, using your framework. Don't get too excited though, they won't be anything amazing!

Thanks and keep it up!

chili
Site Admin

Re: Thanks Chili!

Post by chili » April 28th, 2012, 3:16 pm

You are very welcome bro, and welcome aboard. If you like long-winded explanations of math, then just wait until we get to 3D graphics. :lol:

Definately looking forward to seeing your work Inverse, so bring it on bro!
Chili

Seabass

Post by Seabass » April 29th, 2012, 4:07 pm

Thanx Chili! I started reading C++ All In One for Dummies and doing your tubetorials. The book is decent but it is easier to follow your tubetorials. I started with no experience and so far everything is going smooth. So that testifies to the quality of your tubetorials. I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you are doing!^! <--exclaimation mark raised to the exclaimation mark

Starting lesson 9 now. Been doing about three lessons a day. Keep up the great work and know that what you are inspired to do gives something great to a lot of people. Thanx again. -Seabass
Seabass

chili
Site Admin

Post by chili » April 29th, 2012, 5:30 pm

Accolade acknowledged and appreciated bro. The beginner series that I'm working on right now is geared towards the absolute beginner, so it's nice to see that it's actually working for the intended audience.

Welcome aboard Seabass, glad to have you on the board.
Chili